How to Keep Your Brushes Clean
I'll admit, my least favorite thing is cleaning my brushes/sponges. It takes a while depending on the amount of brushes that you have, and is very tedious. You need to make sure you take your time getting all of the products off of the brush for that it's throughly clean especially if you use the same brushes for multiple people/clients. It's dreadful, but so satisfying once they're clean! Here's a list of some of my favorite products to use. They're all affordable, and get the job done! First I clean, then I sanitize using the following:
- Dawn Anti-bacterial Dish soap
- Zote laundry soap bar (I use the pink one). This will clean your beauty blenders too!
- Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo/or your favorite gentle shampoo
- Olive or Coconut oil to break down foundations/concealers in your brushes (followed by soap).
- Last but not least, 99% ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL! This is what you'll use to sanitize your brushes. You can use this in between clients if need be, to quickly clean a brush that you need. It's sometimes hard to find in store, but you can always order online.